ATTN: Those Attending the 12/12 M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN: Those Attending the 12/12 M&G

As most of you know, during the December Meets, we have done a Toys 4 Tots drive...this year we're going to do something different.

We're going to be collecting blankets/donations for the Marines. What we ask of you is to either give a donation (as big or small as you'd like) or bring a blanket that will go overseas to help out the Marines. If you donate money, the money will be used to purchase new blankets.

At the meet either myself or Pete (Pedro) will walk around asking for donations. PLEASE do not feel obligated...we just like to do donations around the Holiday time and this is a great one for us this year.

Remember, these men & women are serving & protecting our country. Let's help them out this Holiday Season.

Any questions please PM either myself of Pete (Pedro).
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Sounds like a Great Idea. Thank you, Nicole and Pete.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Just a little more background on this. My older sister's next door neighbor down in Alabama, Roger, has a son over in Afghaniland at the moment. When Roger asked his son if there was anything that he needed he asked for as many blankets as possible for himself and his fellow Marines. From then on Roger decided to start this blanket drive for his son. He is one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and I really would like to help him out as best as I can during this time of year.

So, whether you can give $1 or $20 anything at all would be greatly appreciated. Roger has asked for either blankets or money for them. He goes to walmart about once a week and buys as many as he can with the money that has been donated or his own money and ships them over on his own dime as well. It would probably be easier to donate money rather than a blanket itself, that way I can pool it all together and write a check for him from the folks here at SISOffroad.

P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

What do they need all these blankets for?

Personal use?
        Humanitarian stuff?
        Building sweet forts?

Comment

Great to know u can count me in on this one

most likely building sweet forts, cause shit, that's just good times.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

sounds like a great idea, i'll have some cash for you if that's easier than the blankets!

Comment

its cold as fuck over there. terrorism is seasonal over there for a reason, snow, cold, snow.
              Originally posted by gmc4cw
              if someone can look at your rig and still tell what it was, then you have a long way to go before its destroyed. if you continue to wheel it after said destruction then you are truely special. :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                its cold as fuck over there.
                This.
                P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I thought it was summer on that side of the world...

Whatever, I'm in.
                  "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                  It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

What about the tots?
                    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

this is a really great cause i'll see what i can wrastle up either money or blankets. nobody should say no to a cause like this one.
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
                        I thought it was summer on that side of the world...

Whatever, I'm in.
                        sigpic

Comment

Great idea guys
                          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                            Whatever dude, Im sure you're one of those people that believe that water drains in the same direction in texas as it does here... well let me tell ya! You got alot to learn about latitude mister...
                            "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                            It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
                              Whatever dude, Im sure you're one of those people that believe that water drains in the same direction in texas as it does here... well let me tell ya! You got alot to learn about latitude mister...
                              Actually, in Texas, the water doesn't spin - it just goes straight down.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X